Payment & Shipping Terms:
|Surface:||Carbon Prepreg In PA||Core:||Commercial Nomex Honeycomb Core|
|Thickness:||5 Mm||Weight:||40 G/m2|
|Product Name:||Carbon Nomex Honeycomb Panel||Treatment:||Satin Weave|
aramid honeycomb core sheet,
kevlar honeycomb panels
Carbon Fiber Prepreg Aramid Honeycomb Panel for Airplane Wall and Ceiling Use With Polyamide
The carbon fiber prepreg aramid honeycomb panel for aiplane wall and ceiling use is a very light weight aramid honeycomb panel comprised of an aramid honeycomb core with two carbon fiber polyamide prepreg produced surface plates. The surface plates are produced from carbon fiber prepreg impregnated with polyamide (PA) resin.
A polyamide is a macromolecule with repeating units linked by amide bonds. Polyamides occur both naturally and artificially. Examples of naturally occurring polyamides are proteins, such as wool and silk. Artificially made polyamides can be made through step-growth polymerization or solid-phase synthesis yielding materials such as nylons, aramids, and sodium poly(aspartate). Synthetic polyamides are commonly used in textiles, automotive applications, carpets and sportswear due to their high durability and strength. The transportation industry is the major consumer, accounting for 35% of polyamide (PA) consumption.
Features of Aramid Honeycomb Panel:
1. high temperature resistance makes the panel can be hot pressed into shape under the temperature more than 200 ℃
2. Wide range of density from29-160 kg/m3 of the core, if reinforced with carbon prepreg plates, the total area weight can be very low to 30g/m2; therefore it can meet many clients requirement on weight
3. Extremely high shear strength, especially compared with foam core material, more suitable for use in light structure. It is considered to be a light weight but high strength composite honeycomb core material
4. High rigidity, high resistance to damage compared with other honeycomb core materials
5. Flame retardant, low smoke and low toxicity (in line with the most stringent flame retardant and smoking standards of aviation);
6. Excellent creep and fatigue properties, can be used in strict requirement for long term use
7. Extremely high wet strength, can be used in high humidity environment. Easy to process with reduced production cost;
8. corrosion-resistant (not corroded by moisture or other medium or electrochemical reaction with carbon fiber, like a metal honeycomb);
9. superior heat and sound insulation performance, compared with metal and glass fiber materials, under the same weight with better insulation and sound insulation performance, more comfortable and energy conservation and environmental protection;
10. Easy forming process, compared with the metal honeycomb, the aramid honeycomb can be curved form, the processing is more convenient, the operation is more convenient.
Mechanical Properties of the Nomex Honeycomb Core
|Size of honeycomb cell (mm))||
Plain compressive strength(MPa)
|Plain shear properties(Mpa)|
|Pure core material||Sandwich structure||Strength||Modulus|
Mechanical Properties of the Nomex Honeycomb Core 2
|L Shear Properties(Mpa)||W Shear Properties(Mpa)|
|Typ||Min Ind||Typ||Min Ind||Typ||Min Ind||Typ||Min Ind||Typ||Min Ind|
Uses includes flooring, radomes, antennas, military shelters, fuel tanks, helicopter rotor blades, basis, indoor decoration panels and navy bulkhead joiner panels.
High strength-to-weight ratios, high thermal and electrical conductivity, high tensile strength, low weight, low thermal expansion and excellent fatigue resistance are shown with the carbon fiber prepreg processed surface plates. Furthermore, the carbon fiber fabrics show many artistic pattern on the surface as the fabrics can be woven into plain, twill, satin and other methods during weaving process. High temperature and high pressing cured process makes the carbon fiber prepreg and the nomex core bond together completely. While the cells of the honeycomb core are free of resin infusion during the controlled production process compared to the other lay-up processes. This effort makes the final products free of no necessary materials but with a perfect light weight.
Lightweight, high strength nomex honeycomb core makes the sandwich composite panels’ higher compressive strength and lower weight, compared to traditional balsa or foam core sandwich panels. The carbon fiber and aramid honeycomb core can be both selected on product specification, weight, layer for customized purpose.