Payment & Shipping Terms:
|Surface:||Fiberglass Prepreg||Core:||Commercial Nomex Honeycomb Core|
|Thickness:||5 Mm||Weight:||80 G/m2|
|Product Name:||Fiberglass Nomex Honeycomb Panel||Treatment:||Plain Weave|
aramid honeycomb core sheet,
kevlar honeycomb panels
Plain Weave Pattern Fiberglass Surface Kevlar Honeycomb Panel for Airplane Partition Wall Use
The Kevlar honeycomb panel is comprised of a kevlar honeycomb core with two fiberglass prepreg produced surface plates. The surface plates are produced from fiberglass prepreg impregnated with phenolic, epoxy, or other type thermosetting or thermoplastic resins.
Plain weave (also called tabby weave, linen weave or taffeta weave) is the most basic of three fundamental types of textile weaves (along with satin weave and twill). It is strong and hard-wearing, used for fashion and furnishing fabrics.
In plain weave, the warp and weft are aligned so they form a simple criss-cross pattern. Each weft thread crosses the warp threads by going over one, then under the next, and so on. The next weft thread goes under the warp threads that its neighbor went over, and vice versa.
Balanced plain weaves are fabrics in which the warp and weft are made of threads of the same weight (size) and the same number of ends per inch as picks per inch.
Basketweave is a variation of plain weave in which two or more threads are bundled and then woven as one in the warp or weft, or both.
A balanced plain weave can be identified by its checkerboard-like appearance. It is also known as one-up-one-down weave or over and under pattern.
Some examples of fabric with plain weave are chiffon, organza, and taffeta.
Features of Aramid Honeycomb Panel:
1. high temperature resistance makes the panel can be hot pressed into shape under the temperature more than 200 ℃
2. Wide range of density from29-160 kg/m3 of the core, if reinforced with carbon prepreg plates, the total area weight can be very low to 30g/m2; therefore it can meet many clients requirement on weight
3. Extremely high shear strength, especially compared with foam core material, more suitable for use in light structure. It is considered to be a light weight but high strength composite honeycomb core material
4. High rigidity, high resistance to damage compared with other honeycomb core materials
5. Flame retardant, low smoke and low toxicity (in line with the most stringent flame retardant and smoking standards of aviation);
6. Excellent creep and fatigue properties, can be used in strict requirement for long term use
7. Extremely high wet strength, can be used in high humidity environment. Easy to process with reduced production cost;
8. corrosion-resistant (not corroded by moisture or other medium or electrochemical reaction with carbon fiber, like a metal honeycomb);
9. superior heat and sound insulation performance, compared with metal and glass fiber materials, under the same weight with better insulation and sound insulation performance, more comfortable and energy conservation and environmental protection;
10. Easy forming process, compared with the metal honeycomb, the aramid honeycomb can be curved form, the processing is more convenient, the operation is more convenient.
Mechanical Properties of the Nomex Honeycomb Core
|Size of honeycomb cell (mm))||
Plain compressive strength(MPa)
|Plain shear properties(Mpa)|
|Pure core material||Sandwich structure||Strength||Modulus|
Mechanical Properties of the Nomex Honeycomb Core 2
|L Shear Properties(Mpa)||W Shear Properties(Mpa)|
|Typ||Min Ind||Typ||Min Ind||Typ||Min Ind||Typ||Min Ind||Typ||Min Ind|
Uses includes flooring, radomes, antennas, military shelters, fuel tanks, helicopter rotor blades, basis, indoor decoration panels and navy bulkhead joiner panels.
High strength-to-weight ratios, high thermal and electrical conductivity, high tensile strength, low weight, low thermal expansion and excellent fatigue resistance are shown with the carbon fiber prepreg processed surface plates. Furthermore, the carbon fiber fabrics show many artistic pattern on the surface as the fabrics can be woven into plain, twill, satin and other methods during weaving process. High temperature and high pressing cured process makes the carbon fiber prepreg and the nomex core bond together completely. While the cells of the honeycomb core are free of resin infusion during the controlled production process compared to the other lay-up processes. This effort makes the final products free of no necessary materials but with a perfect light weight.
Lightweight, high strength nomex honeycomb core makes the sandwich composite panels’ higher compressive strength and lower weight, compared to traditional balsa or foam core sandwich panels. The carbon fiber and aramid honeycomb core can be both selected on product specification, weight, layer for customized purpose.