Payment & Shipping Terms:
|Surface:||Carbon Prepreg In Epoxy Resin||Core:||Commercial Nomex Honeycomb Core|
|Thickness:||10 Mm||Weight:||60 G/m2|
|Product Name:||Carbon Nomex Honeycomb Panel||Treatment:||Plain Weave|
nomex honeycomb panels,
kevlar honeycomb panels
Carbon Fiber Prepreg Aramid Honeycomb Panel for Shipbuilding Use With Epoxy Resin
Carbon Fiber Prepreg Aramid Honeycomb Panel for Shipbuilding Use With Epoxy Resin is a very light weight aramid honeycomb panel comprised of an aramid honeycomb core with two carbon fiber epoxy resin prepreg produced surface plates. The surface plates are produced from carbon fiber prepreg impregnated with epoxy resin.
Epoxy is the cured end product of epoxy resins, as well as a colloquial name for the epoxide functional group. Epoxy is also a common name for a type of strong adhesive used for sticking things together and covering surfaces, typically two resins that need to be mixed together before use.
Epoxy resins, also known as polyepoxides are a class of reactive prepolymers and polymers which contain epoxide groups. Epoxy resins may be reacted (cross-linked) either with themselves through catalytic homopolymerisation, or with a wide range of co-reactants including polyfunctional amines, acids (and acid anhydrides), phenols, alcohols, and thiols. These co-reactants are often referred to as hardeners or curatives, and the cross-linking reaction is commonly referred to as curing. Reaction of polyepoxides with themselves or with polyfunctional hardeners forms a thermosetting polymer, often with strong mechanical properties as well as high temperature and chemical resistance. Epoxy has a wide range of industrial applications, including metal coatings, use in electronic and electrical components, high tension electrical insulators, fibre-reinforced plastic materials, and structural adhesives. Epoxy resin is employed to bind gutta percha in some root canal procedures.
Features of Aramid Honeycomb Panel:
1. high temperature resistance makes the panel can be hot pressed into shape under the temperature more than 200 ℃
2. Wide range of density from29-160 kg/m3 of the core, if reinforced with carbon prepreg plates, the total area weight can be very low to 30g/m2; therefore it can meet many clients requirement on weight
3. Extremely high shear strength, especially compared with foam core material, more suitable for use in light structure. It is considered to be a light weight but high strength composite honeycomb core material
4. High rigidity, high resistance to damage compared with other honeycomb core materials
5. Flame retardant, low smoke and low toxicity (in line with the most stringent flame retardant and smoking standards of aviation);
6. Excellent creep and fatigue properties, can be used in strict requirement for long term use
7. Extremely high wet strength, can be used in high humidity environment. Easy to process with reduced production cost;
8. corrosion-resistant (not corroded by moisture or other medium or electrochemical reaction with carbon fiber, like a metal honeycomb);
9. superior heat and sound insulation performance, compared with metal and glass fiber materials, under the same weight with better insulation and sound insulation performance, more comfortable and energy conservation and environmental protection;
10. Easy forming process, compared with the metal honeycomb, the aramid honeycomb can be curved form, the processing is more convenient, the operation is more convenient.
Mechanical Properties of the Nomex Honeycomb Core
|Size of honeycomb cell (mm))||
Plain compressive strength(MPa)
|Plain shear properties(Mpa)|
|Pure core material||Sandwich structure||Strength||Modulus|
Mechanical Properties of the Nomex Honeycomb Core 2
|L Shear Properties(Mpa)||W Shear Properties(Mpa)|
|Typ||Min Ind||Typ||Min Ind||Typ||Min Ind||Typ||Min Ind||Typ||Min Ind|
Uses includes flooring, radomes, antennas, military shelters, fuel tanks, helicopter rotor blades, basis, indoor decoration panels and navy bulkhead joiner panels.