Payment & Shipping Terms:
|Surface:||Basalt Fiber Prepreg||Core:||Commercial Nomex Honeycomb Core|
|Thickness:||8 Mm||Weight:||100 G/m2|
|Product Name:||Basalt Nomex Honeycomb Panel||Treatment:||Satin Weave|
aramid honeycomb core sheet,
kevlar honeycomb panels
Basalt Fiber Prepreg Aramid Honeycomb Panel for Yacht Wall and Ceiling Use
Basalt Fiber Prepreg Aramid Honeycomb Panel for Yacht Wall and Ceiling Use is a light weight aramid honeycomb panel comprised of an aramid honeycomb core with two surface plates produced from basalt fiber yarn fabrics prepreg. The surface plates are produced from basalt fiber prepreg impregnated with Phenolic (PF) resin.
Basalt fiber is a material made from extremely fine fibers of basalt, which is composed of the minerals plagioclase, pyroxene, and olivine. It is similar to carbon fiber and fiberglass, having better physicomechanical properties than fiberglass, but being significantly cheaper than carbon fiber. It is used as a fireproof textile in the aerospace and automotive industries and can also be used as a composite to produce products such as camera tripods.
Features of Aramid Honeycomb Panel:
1. high temperature resistance makes the panel can be hot pressed into shape under the temperature more than 200 ℃
2. Wide range of density from29-160 kg/m3 of the core, if reinforced with carbon prepreg plates, the total area weight can be very low to 30g/m2; therefore it can meet many clients requirement on weight
3. Extremely high shear strength, especially compared with foam core material, more suitable for use in light structure. It is considered to be a light weight but high strength composite honeycomb core material
4. High rigidity, high resistance to damage compared with other honeycomb core materials
5. Flame retardant, low smoke and low toxicity (in line with the most stringent flame retardant and smoking standards of aviation);
6. Excellent creep and fatigue properties, can be used in strict requirement for long term use
7. Extremely high wet strength, can be used in high humidity environment. Easy to process with reduced production cost;
8. corrosion-resistant (not corroded by moisture or other medium or electrochemical reaction with carbon fiber, like a metal honeycomb);
9. superior heat and sound insulation performance, compared with metal and glass fiber materials, under the same weight with better insulation and sound insulation performance, more comfortable and energy conservation and environmental protection;
10. Easy forming process, compared with the metal honeycomb, the aramid honeycomb can be curved form, the processing is more convenient, the operation is more convenient.
Mechanical Properties of the Nomex Honeycomb Core
|Size of honeycomb cell (mm))||
Plain compressive strength(MPa)
|Plain shear properties(Mpa)|
|Pure core material||Sandwich structure||Strength||Modulus|
Mechanical Properties of the Nomex Honeycomb Core 2
|L Shear Properties(Mpa)||W Shear Properties(Mpa)|
|Typ||Min Ind||Typ||Min Ind||Typ||Min Ind||Typ||Min Ind||Typ||Min Ind|
Uses includes flooring, radomes, antennas, military shelters, fuel tanks, helicopter rotor blades, basis, indoor decoration panels and navy bulkhead joiner panels.