Payment & Shipping Terms:
|Surface:||Aramid Fabrics Prepreg In Halogen Free Resin||Core:||Commercial Nomex Honeycomb Core|
|Thickness:||10 Mm||Weight:||60 G/m2|
|Product Name:||Aramid Nomex Honeycomb Panel||Treatment:||Fabrics With Halogen Free Resin|
nomex honeycomb panels,
aramid honeycomb core sheet
Aramid Honeycomb Panel with Carbon Fiber Prepreg Cured with Halogen Free Fire Retardant Resin
Aramid Honeycomb Panel with Carbon Fiber Prepreg Cured with Halogen Free Fire Retardant Resin is a very light weight aramid honeycomb panel comprised of an aramid honeycomb core with two aramid fiber halogen free resin prepreg produced surface plates with good flame retardant performance. The surface plates are produced from aramid fiber prepreg impregnated with Halogen Free resins such as PE, PP and so on.
In the event of a fire, this kind of halogen flame retardant material produces a large amount of smoke and toxic corrosive halogenated hydrogen gas, resulting in a secondary hazard.New flame retardant system, when burning, smoke volume is small and does not produce poisonous, corrosive gas.Halogen - free flame retardant additives mainly based on phosphorus and metal hydroxide.These two kinds of compounds, which are not volatilizing and producing corrosive gases, are called harmless flame retardants. Further to this,there are also several new types of halogen free flame retardants, such as the flame retardants of silicon and the flame retardants of nitrogen.
Halogen-free flame retardant is used in the materials to achieve the purposes of fire retardancy and safety.
Features of Aramid Honeycomb Panel:
1. high temperature resistance makes the panel can be hot pressed into shape under the temperature more than 200 ℃
2. Wide range of density from29-160 kg/m3 of the core, if reinforced with carbon prepreg plates, the total area weight can be very low to 30g/m2; therefore it can meet many clients requirement on weight
3. Extremely high shear strength, especially compared with foam core material, more suitable for use in light structure. It is considered to be a light weight but high strength composite honeycomb core material
4. High rigidity, high resistance to damage compared with other honeycomb core materials
5. Flame retardant, low smoke and low toxicity (in line with the most stringent flame retardant and smoking standards of aviation);
6. Excellent creep and fatigue properties, can be used in strict requirement for long term use
7. Extremely high wet strength, can be used in high humidity environment. Easy to process with reduced production cost;
8. corrosion-resistant (not corroded by moisture or other medium or electrochemical reaction with carbon fiber, like a metal honeycomb);
9. superior heat and sound insulation performance, compared with metal and glass fiber materials, under the same weight with better insulation and sound insulation performance, more comfortable and energy conservation and environmental protection;
10. Easy forming process, compared with the metal honeycomb, the aramid honeycomb can be curved form, the processing is more convenient, the operation is more convenient.
Mechanical Properties of the Nomex Honeycomb Core
|Size of honeycomb cell (mm))||
Plain compressive strength(MPa)
|Plain shear properties(Mpa)|
|Pure core material||Sandwich structure||Strength||Modulus|
Mechanical Properties of the Nomex Honeycomb Core 2
|L Shear Properties(Mpa)||W Shear Properties(Mpa)|
|Typ||Min Ind||Typ||Min Ind||Typ||Min Ind||Typ||Min Ind||Typ||Min Ind|
Uses includes flooring, radomes, antennas, military shelters, fuel tanks, helicopter rotor blades, basis, indoor decoration panels and navy bulkhead joiner panels.