Payment & Shipping Terms:
|Material:||Commercial Aramid Paper||Foil Thinkness:||0.05, 0.06 Or 0.076 Mm|
|Cell Size:||2, 3, 5, 8 Mm||Hardness:||H18|
|Height:||Customized||Product Name:||Commercial Aramid Honeycomb Core|
polycarbonate honeycomb core
High Strength Commercial Grade Aramid Honeycomb Core For Industrial Use
High Strength Commercial Grade Aramid Honeycomb Core For Industrial Use is manufactured from DuPont Nomex® paper (or equivalent) and coated with a heat resistant phenolic resin. It is widely used for the high end industry for the purpose of higher strength and lighter weight.
1. Excellent resistance to high temperature, therefore the core can be used at a temperature more than 200 ℃ for the process of autoclave;
2. The density range is ranging widely from 29-160 kg/m3 to meet different capacity structure requirements;
3. It has extremely high shear strength, especially compared with foam core material, which is more suitable for use in light structure.
4. High toughness, high resistance to damage compared with other honeycomb core materials;
Fire retardant, low smoke, low toxicity (in line with the most stringent flame retardant and smoke standard of aviation);
5. Excellent creep and fatigue properties, can be used for the medium and long term.
6. High humidity strength, can be used in high humidity environment;
7. Easy to process, reduce production cost;
8. Corrosion resistant (not corroded by moisture or other medium that is in contact with it, nor can it electrochemically react with carbon fiber, like a metal honeycomb);
9. Superior insulation sound insulation, compared metal and glass fiber materials;
10. Under the same weight, have better thermal insulation and sound insulation performance, more comfortable and energy conservation and environmental protection;
It is easy to process, and it is more convenient to operate than the metal honeycomb.
Mechanical Properties of the Nomex Honeycomb Core
|Size of honeycomb cell (mm))||
|Plain compressive strength(MPa)||Plain shear properties(Mpa)|
|Pure core material||Sandwich structure||Strength||Modulus|
Mechanical Properties of the Nomex Honeycomb Core 2
|L Shear Properties(Mpa)||W Shear Properties(Mpa)|
|Typ||Min Ind||Typ||Min Ind||Typ||Min Ind||Typ||Min Ind||Typ||Min Ind|
Commercial grade aramid fiber honeycomb core are generally used at the applications fields of boat hulls, auto racing bodies, train car panels, ship panels, ground transportation structures, military shelters, ground antennas and special purpose panels.