Payment & Shipping Terms:
|Surface:||Fiberglass Prepreg||Core:||Commercial Nomex Honeycomb Core|
|Thickness:||5 Mm||Weight:||100 G/m2|
|Product Name:||Fiberglass Nomex Honeycomb Panel||Treatment:||Twill Weave|
nomex honeycomb panels,
aramid honeycomb core sheet
Twill Weave Pattern Fiberglass Surface Kevlar Honeycomb Panel for Airplane Partition Wall Use
The Kevlar honeycomb panel is comprised of a kevlar honeycomb core with two fiberglass prepreg produced surface plates. The surface plates are produced from fiberglass prepreg impregnated with phenolic, epoxy, or other type thermosetting or thermoplastic resins.
Twill is a type of textile weave with a pattern of diagonal parallel ribs (in contrast with a satin and plain weave). This is done by passing the weft thread over one or more warp threads and then under two or more warp threads and so on, with a "step" or offset between rows to create the characteristic diagonal pattern. Because of this structure, twills generally drape well.
Examples of twill fabric are denim, tweed, chino, gabardine, drill, covert, and serge.
Features of Aramid Honeycomb Panel:
1. high temperature resistance makes the panel can be hot pressed into shape under the temperature more than 200 ℃
2. Wide range of density from29-160 kg/m3 of the core, if reinforced with carbon prepreg plates, the total area weight can be very low to 30g/m2; therefore it can meet many clients requirement on weight
3. Extremely high shear strength, especially compared with foam core material, more suitable for use in light structure. It is considered to be a light weight but high strength composite honeycomb core material
4. High rigidity, high resistance to damage compared with other honeycomb core materials
5. Flame retardant, low smoke and low toxicity (in line with the most stringent flame retardant and smoking standards of aviation);
6. Excellent creep and fatigue properties, can be used in strict requirement for long term use
7. Extremely high wet strength, can be used in high humidity environment. Easy to process with reduced production cost;
8. corrosion-resistant (not corroded by moisture or other medium or electrochemical reaction with carbon fiber, like a metal honeycomb);
9. superior heat and sound insulation performance, compared with metal and glass fiber materials, under the same weight with better insulation and sound insulation performance, more comfortable and energy conservation and environmental protection;
10. Easy forming process, compared with the metal honeycomb, the aramid honeycomb can be curved form, the processing is more convenient, the operation is more convenient.
Mechanical Properties of the Nomex Honeycomb Core
|Size of honeycomb cell (mm))||
Plain compressive strength(MPa)
|Plain shear properties(Mpa)|
|Pure core material||Sandwich structure||Strength||Modulus|
Mechanical Properties of the Nomex Honeycomb Core 2
|L Shear Properties(Mpa)||W Shear Properties(Mpa)|
|Typ||Min Ind||Typ||Min Ind||Typ||Min Ind||Typ||Min Ind||Typ||Min Ind|
Uses includes flooring, radomes, antennas, military shelters, fuel tanks, helicopter rotor blades, basis, indoor decoration panels and navy bulkhead joiner panels.
High strength-to-weight ratios, high thermal and electrical conductivity, high tensile strength, low weight, low thermal expansion and excellent fatigue resistance are shown with the carbon fiber prepreg processed surface plates. Furthermore, the carbon fiber fabrics show many artistic pattern on the surface as the fabrics can be woven into plain, twill, satin and other methods during weaving process. High temperature and high pressing cured process makes the carbon fiber prepreg and the nomex core bond together completely. While the cells of the honeycomb core are free of resin infusion during the controlled production process compared to the other lay-up processes. This effort makes the final products free of no necessary materials but with a perfect light weight.
Lightweight, high strength nomex honeycomb core makes the sandwich composite panels’ higher compressive strength and lower weight, compared to traditional balsa or foam core sandwich panels. The carbon fiber and aramid honeycomb core can be both selected on product specification, weight, layer for customized purpose.