Payment & Shipping Terms:
|Surface:||Carbon Fiber Prepreg||Core:||Commercial Nomex Honeycomb Core|
|Thickness:||5 Mm||Weight:||120 G/m2|
|Product Name:||Carbon Fiber Nomex Honeycomb Panel||Treatment:||Satin Weave|
aramid honeycomb core sheet,
kevlar honeycomb panels
Satin Weave Pattern Carbon Fiber Plate Nomex Honeycomb Panel for Airplane Partition Wall Use
The Nomex honeycomb panel is comprised of a commercial grade nomex honeycomb core with two carbon fiber prepreg produced surface plates. The surface plates are produced from carbon fiber prepreg impregnated with phenolic, epoxy, or other type thermosetting or thermoplastic resins. The carbon fiber nomex honeycomb panel is considered as the lowest weight to strength ratio structural material of industrial uses.
The lightweight tendency of the airplane requires the material used on the airplane should be light weight and high strength. The Boeing 787 and airbus 380 grades super big airplanes have adopted lots of the carbon fiber nomex honeycomb panel as the structural materials for the wall, ceiling, flooring, partition and so on.
Satin is a weave that typically has a glossy surface and a dull back. The satin weave is characterized by four or more cool fill or weft yarns floating over a warp yarn or vice versa, four warp yarns floating over a single weft yarn. Floats are missed interfacings, where the warp yarn lies on top of the weft in a warp-faced satin and where the weft yarn lies on top of the warp yarns in weft-faced satins. These floats explain the even sheen, as unlike in other weaves, the light reflecting is not scattered as much by the fibres, which have fewer tucks. Satin is usually a warp-faced weaving technique in which warp yarns are "floated" over weft yarns, although there are also weft-faced satins. If a fabric is formed with a satin weave using filament fibres such as silk, nylon, or polyester, the corresponding fabric is termed a satin, although some definitions insist that the fabric be made from silk. If the yarns used are short-staple yarns such as cotton, the fabric formed is considered a sateen.
A satin fabric tends to have a high luster due to the high number of floats on the fabric. Because of this it is used in making bed sheets. Many variations can be made of the basic satin weave including a granite weave and a check weave. Satin weaves, twill weaves, and plain weaves are the three basic types of weaving by which the majority of woven products are formed.
Satin is commonly used in apparel: satin baseball jackets, athletic shorts, women's lingerie, nightgowns, blouses, and evening gowns, but also in some men's boxer shorts, briefs, shirts and neckties. It is also used in the production of pointe shoes for use in ballet. Other uses include interior furnishing fabrics, upholstery, and bed sheets.
Features of Aramid Honeycomb Panel:
1. high temperature resistance makes the panel can be hot pressed into shape under the temperature more than 200 ℃
2. Wide range of density from29-160 kg/m3 of the core, if reinforced with carbon prepreg plates, the total area weight can be very low to 30g/m2; therefore it can meet many clients requirement on weight
3. Extremely high shear strength, especially compared with foam core material, more suitable for use in light structure. It is considered to be a light weight but high strength composite honeycomb core material
4. High rigidity, high resistance to damage compared with other honeycomb core materials
5. Flame retardant, low smoke and low toxicity (in line with the most stringent flame retardant and smoking standards of aviation);
6. Excellent creep and fatigue properties, can be used in strict requirement for long term use
7. Extremely high wet strength, can be used in high humidity environment. Easy to process with reduced production cost;
8. corrosion-resistant (not corroded by moisture or other medium or electrochemical reaction with carbon fiber, like a metal honeycomb);
9. superior heat and sound insulation performance, compared with metal and glass fiber materials, under the same weight with better insulation and sound insulation performance, more comfortable and energy conservation and environmental protection;
10. Easy forming process, compared with the metal honeycomb, the aramid honeycomb can be curved form, the processing is more convenient, the operation is more convenient.
Mechanical Properties of the Nomex Honeycomb Core
|Size of honeycomb cell (mm))||
Plain compressive strength(MPa)
|Plain shear properties(Mpa)|
|Pure core material||Sandwich structure||Strength||Modulus|
Mechanical Properties of the Nomex Honeycomb Core 2
|L Shear Properties(Mpa)||W Shear Properties(Mpa)|
|Typ||Min Ind||Typ||Min Ind||Typ||Min Ind||Typ||Min Ind||Typ||Min Ind|
Uses includes flooring, radomes, antennas, military shelters, fuel tanks, helicopter rotor blades, basis, indoor decoration panels and navy bulkhead joiner panels.