Payment & Shipping Terms:
|Surface:||Aramid Fabrics Prepreg In Epoxy Resin||Core:||Commercial Nomex Honeycomb Core|
|Thickness:||10 Mm||Weight:||60 G/m2|
|Product Name:||Aramid Nomex Honeycomb Panel||Treatment:||Fabrics|
nomex honeycomb panels,
aramid honeycomb core sheet
Aramid Honeycomb Panel with Aramid Fiber Fabrics Prepreg Cured at Medium Temperature
Aramid Honeycomb Panel with Aramid Fiber Fabrics Prepreg Cured at Medium Temperature is a very light weight aramid honeycomb panel comprised of an aramid honeycomb core with two aramid fabrics epoxy resin prepreg produced surface plates. The surface plates are produced from aramid fiber fabrics prepreg impregnated with epoxy resin.
Aramid fibers are a class of heat-resistant and strong synthetic fibers. They are used in aerospace and military applications, for ballistic-rated body armor fabric and ballistic composites, in bicycle tires, and as an asbestos substitute.The name is a portmanteau of "aromatic polyamide". They are fibers in which the chain molecules are highly oriented along the fiber axis, so the strength of the chemical bond can be exploited. The aramid fiber can be woven, stitched or bonded into aramid fiber fabrics with the plain, twill or satin weave pattern for customers' choice. Detailed information can refer to the similar specification of carbon fiber honeycomb panels.
Features of Aramid Honeycomb Panel:
1. high temperature resistance makes the panel can be hot pressed into shape under the temperature more than 200 ℃
2. Wide range of density from29-160 kg/m3 of the core, if reinforced with carbon prepreg plates, the total area weight can be very low to 30g/m2; therefore it can meet many clients requirement on weight
3. Extremely high shear strength, especially compared with foam core material, more suitable for use in light structure. It is considered to be a light weight but high strength composite honeycomb core material
4. High rigidity, high resistance to damage compared with other honeycomb core materials
5. Flame retardant, low smoke and low toxicity (in line with the most stringent flame retardant and smoking standards of aviation);
6. Excellent creep and fatigue properties, can be used in strict requirement for long term use
7. Extremely high wet strength, can be used in high humidity environment. Easy to process with reduced production cost;
8. corrosion-resistant (not corroded by moisture or other medium or electrochemical reaction with carbon fiber, like a metal honeycomb);
9. superior heat and sound insulation performance, compared with metal and glass fiber materials, under the same weight with better insulation and sound insulation performance, more comfortable and energy conservation and environmental protection;
10. Easy forming process, compared with the metal honeycomb, the aramid honeycomb can be curved form, the processing is more convenient, the operation is more convenient.
Mechanical Properties of the Nomex Honeycomb Core
|Size of honeycomb cell (mm))||
Plain compressive strength(MPa)
|Plain shear properties(Mpa)|
|Pure core material||Sandwich structure||Strength||Modulus|
Mechanical Properties of the Nomex Honeycomb Core 2
|L Shear Properties(Mpa)||W Shear Properties(Mpa)|
|Typ||Min Ind||Typ||Min Ind||Typ||Min Ind||Typ||Min Ind||Typ||Min Ind|
Uses includes flooring, radomes, antennas, military shelters, fuel tanks, helicopter rotor blades, basis, indoor decoration panels and navy bulkhead joiner panels.