Payment & Shipping Terms:
|Material:||Al3003, Al5052||Bonding Method:||Glue Or Welding|
|Cell Size:||Less Than 3 Mm At Cell Side Length||Foil Thickness:||Up To 0.08 Mm|
|Foil Treated:||Passivated||Application:||Shipbuilding, Train Etc|
|Optimized Supply:||Expanded||Supply Method:||Expanded, Slice, Block|
Anti Corrosion Aluminum Honeycomb Core,
0.08mm Aluminum Honeycomb Core,
Expanded aluminum honeycomb panels aerospace
Aluminum honeycomb core is made of aluminum foil bonded by special purpose adhesive. The performance of the aluminum honeycomb core is determined by the properties of aluminum foil, special purpose chemical adhesive and the size and configuration of the core.
General process of an aluminum honeycomb core initiated with an aluminum foil roll and surely the foil is specially treated.
The adhesive tapes are printed to the foil surface with the intervals and width pre-determined by the cell size and strength requirement.
The foil paper is cut into required size to be piled up on the stacking table with equipment and man supervision on the adhesive tape positioning.
These stacked loose blocks should be pressed in a heated press to cure the adhesive so that the sheets of foil are bonded together to hardened block.
The aluminum honeycomb block can be cut into slices with the height of the slices tailored to customized requirements.
Finally, no matter it is done in supplier’s plant or at client’s workshop, the honeycomb should be expanded before forming aluminum honeycomb panel.
The following materials are for forming honeycomb cores:
1. Aluminum foil
Regularly, 3003H19/5052H18 aluminum alloy foils after strict surface treatment are used for producing aluminum honeycomb core.
2. Special Purpose Chemical Adhesive
Modified epoxy glue for high temperature cure process can provide not only sufficient bonding strength, but also environmental resistance and high or low temperature resistant properties. The joint strength of aluminum honeycomb core is the keypoint of evaluating the core’s performance. The minimum requirement should be more than 2.0N/mm.
Specification of Aluminum Honeycomb Core:
|Foil Thickness||mm||0.03-.05||0.03-.05||0.03- 0.05||0.03-.06||0.03-0.06||0.03-0.08||0.03-0.08||0.03-0.08||0.03-.08|
Specifications can be customized according to customer’s requirement.
Applications of Aluminum Honeycomb Core:
1. Transportation: Interior and flooring panels for train, deck panel and bulkheads in marine vessels and marine products, automotive, truck and et al; shock absorber in train industry, Crash test in automobile industry, tail windings and rotor blades in copter and flooring in transit, ships, aircraft;
2. Construction: lightweight panels in building exterior and interior, desk top, base, and shelving of furniture
3. Sports: bumpers and body panel of F1 machine
4. Manufacturing: industrial partition and tooling board.
5. Electrical: RF and EMI shielding; energy absorber
6. Energy: rotor blade in wind energy.
Supply modes of Aluminum Honeycomb Core:
- Unexpanded block
- Unexpanded slice
- Expanded sheet
- Pieces cut to size